Saturday 19 March 2011

Social Networks and Blogging

Social networks and blogging, what's it all about? I have been asked that question very recently. The short answer I gave was that it is a way of like mind people to share their ideas, views and tips. That's certainly why I started out on the social media networks. My first blog Not Just Surviving, Thriving is about my battle with depression and I write in it when I have something to share. As part of my recovery from depression I started drawing, painting and taking photographs. The photography really took off and before I knew it I was being asked to photograph weddings, take portraits of peoples children, plus I was out photographing the plants and animals of our beautiful countryside.

So to share these images and promote my photography I started a Facebook page and I started this blog Picture It Photography.

Going back to the original question, what's it all about? It's about sharing ideas. So am I a sucessful blogger? Well my answer to that is, if just one person is helped by my Not just surviving, thriving blog, or just one person is inspired or made to smile by my photographs then I have succeeded. But remember life is not about the goal, it is about the journey. Enjoy the journey and you have led a successful life.

MsG

No comments:

Post a Comment